Easter! Bright, pretty colors, family time and countless hours stuffing eggs with even more candy kiddos don’t need! Let’s give the adults a treat with a killer Bourbon Glazed Ham that’s so easy to make it’ll make up for Aunt Bessy showing up with her 20 year old, snaggle-tooth poodle! A batch of our Easter Punch doesn’t hurt either!
We jazz up the spice packet of a store bought, spiral sliced ham with apricot preserves, bourbon and a few handy ingredients to make the best tasting ham you’ve ever had! It’s like Ham Crack! …. Which is why you’ll be sneaking slices of this beauty while little Tommy is sneaking another egg from his basket.
Check out our entire Easter Menu!
WHITE WINE CITRUS SANGRIA
ORANGE SPICED ICED TEA
SRIRACHA BACON DEVILED EGGS
BROCCOLI BACON MAC & CHEESE
SPRING SALAD WITH CANDIED WALNUTS & STRAWBERRIES
GARLIC HERB ROASTED NEW POTATOES
BOURBON APRICOT GLAZED HAM
MINI CARROT CAKES WITH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
COCONUT CREAM PIE JARS
Bourbon Apricot Glazed Ham
Jazz up a store bought spiral sliced ham with apricot preserves, bourbon and a few handy ingredients to make the best tasting ham you've ever had!
- 7-8 lbs. Spiral Cut Half Ham (with brown sugar glaze packet)
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1 jar Apricot Preserves (18oz)
- ½ cup Stone Ground Mustard
- 2 TBL. Fresh Thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a roasting pan with foil.
- Place a rack in the center.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Place ham on rack in roasting pan.
- Place uncovered in oven for 30 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Remove ham and baste heavily with glaze.
- Place back into oven and continue to cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour basting every 15 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil until ready to serve.
- In a small sauce pan combine bourbon, preserves, brown sugar glaze, mustard and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat.
- Let simmer uncovered while ham bakes.
- Keep on low until last basting. Glaze with thicken up and your last baste will be a nice thick lovely glaze.
Copyright @ Sumptuous Living