Spring is here! Whoop! Time for Easter, Brunches, Garden Parties, and Bridal Showers. We also start to eat a little lighter and fresher, so now’s the perfect time to whip out a gorgeous salad that you’ll love forever like our Strawberry Walnut Salad. Ripe strawberries, candied walnuts, and goat cheese all atop a mound of leafy spring greens and drizzled with a light balsamic vinaigrette. Yum, right? Top it with grilled chicken or shrimp and it becomes an amazing dinner salad!
Our Strawberry Walnut Salad has creamy goat cheese and a bright balsamic vinaigrette that's ideal for any occasion.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 3 cups spring greens
- ¾ cup candied walnuts (recipe follows)
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- 8 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup finely sliced green onions
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbs. Dijon mustard
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbs. honey
- Make the candied walnuts first so they cool (triple the recipe and use for future).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the walnuts and cook, stirring, until golden brown and toasted, 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a piece of waxed paper to cool.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a blender or a mason jar with a tight fitting lid and blend well. Set aside.
- Layer the salad fixings and drizzle the dressing on and toss gently.
Copyright @ Sumptuous Living