Appetizer & Quick Bite Ideas Cooking Lunch Recipe Ideas Main Dish Recipe Ideas Recipes Salad Recipe Ideas Side Dish Recipe Ideas
Fresh & Bright! Watermelon Feta Salad
Keep dinner light and fresh with our Watermelon Feta Salad! Sweet watermelon, salty feta cheese, fresh herbs and crisp hothouse cucumber toss together to make a perfect summertime side dish.
I love summer salads and even though summer is almost over, I’m hanging on to anything light and fresh and crisp. I’m not ready to dive into stews and roasts and root veggies. Are you? We’re still sweaty in Atlanta! Add to that school starting and busy schedules, and I can’t commit hours to dinner. I need quick, fresh, healthy! Today’s Watermelon Feta Salad has cubed watermelon (found easily prepped in the produce section), salty feta cheese, fresh basil & mint, crisp hothouse cucumbers (the long ones in the plastic wrap & the only cucumbers you should ever buy), and red onion (soaked in ice water to take the overpowering raw onion flavor away). It’s ready in minutes, can easily be made ahead, and is so delicious!
Sweet watermelon, salty feta cheese, fresh herbs and crisp hothouse cucumber toss together to make a perfect summertime side dish.
- 1 ½ cups hothouse cucumbers, sliced and cut in quarters (wrapped in plastic wrap at the market)
- 6 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- ½ cup red onion, sliced in half moons (soaked in ice bath, see below)
- 4 oz feta cheese
- ¼ cup mint leaves, torn
- ¼ cup basil, torn
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ½ tbl honey
- Place red onion slices in a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl combine lime juice and honey. Whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss cucumber, watermelon, red onion, feta and herbs until combined. Top with honey lime mixture.
Pingback: Gorgonzola Chicken Burgers with Caramelized Onions | Sumptuous Living : Sumptuous Living()
Pingback: Watermelon Basil Vodka Cocktail | Sumptuous Living()