Who wants to heat up the kitchen in the summer? Not me buddy! My grill is my best summertime friend…forget pen pals or old camp friends, and embrace your grilling summertime love! Chicken Burgers are great for packing in the flavor without loading you down.
Serve them up with or (my preference) without a bun, alongside a summer salad and a light baby potato salad and you have a meal that’s light and perfect for eating out on the deck with friends. They’ll think you’re a culinary genius and there won’t be any kitchen messola to clean up afterwards. That leaves more time for cocktails (my favorite part) and chatting on the deck as the sun sets.
Chicken Burgers with Onions
Chicken burgers are great for packing in the flavor without loading you down.
- 2 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaping tbs. course ground mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. Black pepper
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 8 oz crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 8 sweet onions, sliced in half moon slices
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, panko, and parsley.
- Mix well with your hands and form into patties.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side.
- Top with crumbled gorgonzola cheese and caramelized onions.
- In a large sauté pan, Dutch oven, or skillet, cook all ingredients over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook another 20-30 minutes or until soft and dark golden brown, stirring often.
Before making your burgers, make the onions. I make a very large batch and freeze packets of onions to always have on hand for appetizers, pizzas, sandwiches and such. So handy!
Copyright @ Sumptuous Living