Ever have a recipe you used to make a long time ago but just forgot about for a while? This is one of mine. Easy One Dish Chicken Florentine. Chicken and cheese layered on a bed of spinach, artichokes, and mushrooms swimming in a bit of garlicky cream.
I used to make it on a very regular basis when I had just had my oldest kiddo, Drew (now 15, where did the time go?). So easy and quick. Most importantly, it fit the “Don’t you know any one dish meals?” question I’d get from my hubs on the nights he had dish duty.
I am not a casserole girl, so this kind of one dish dinner is my version of a casserole & meets all the necessary requirements for weeknight dinners (Click here for our list of Easy Weeknight Meals).
- One Pot Meal | One Dish Meal
- Preps In Minutes
- Freezes Great
- Can Be Made Ahead
- My Oven Does All The Work
- Damn Tasty
Chicken and cheese layered on a bed of spinach, artichokes, and mushrooms swimming in a bit of garlicky cream.
- 2 packages frozen cut leaf spinach (15oz each)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups onion, diced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded and flattened
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Creole seasoning, to taste
- All purpose flour for dredging
- 2 Tbl all purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Spinach and Chive Fettuccini (or your favorite pasta)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread spinach over the bottom of dish.
- Layer the artichoke hearts, garlic, onions and mushrooms. Set aside.
- With a pastry brush or in a dish, coat the chicken breasts in the melted butter.
- Season with Creole seasoning on both sides, to taste.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour and place on top of the mushrooms in the baking dish. Sprinkle 2 TBL flour over the chicken.
- Pour the half and half evenly over the chicken.
- Top with the parmesan cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Serve Chicken Florentine on top.
Copyright @ Sumptuous Living