Fresh fruit like berries, melon, and pears are especially delicious when you get just a touch naughty and toss them in a little hooch. Hello? Who’s doing the cookin’ over here… you know what kitchen you’re in… we’ve met! Amaretto, with its delicate almond flavor, is an ideal way to make simple fresh fruit feel more substantial.
So will Greek yogurt. Nonfat Greek Yogurt is protein rich and a smart way to indulge without the guilt! We make it zippy with almond extract, lemon zest, and Amaretto. Mmm! Then find a pretty glass (we do eat with our eyes after all), fill it with the boozy fruit and add a dollop of our Amaretto yogurt.
The Spiced Candied Walnuts take it to a new dimension! It’s Crazy! So insanely good, you’ll love every gorgeous mouthful! Promise!
Fruit Salad with Amaretto Yogurt
Perfect for an Elegant Dessert or Sunday Brunch, our Fresh Fruit Salad with Amaretto Yogurt is sure to Impress
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs honey
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup Amaretto, plus 3 tbs. divided
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 tbs sugar
- 2 cups Strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cantaloupe, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup pear, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup candied walnuts (recipe follows)
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 cup walnut halves, chopped
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 2 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbs. packed light brown sugar
Candied Walnuts - Make the candied walnuts first so they cool (triple the recipe and use for future).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the walnuts and cook, stirring, until golden brown and toasted, 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a piece of waxed paper to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, zest, honey, almond extract, and 3 tbs Amaretto.
- Set aside and chill.
- Place all the fruit in a bowl with remaining Amaretto, lemon juice and sugar and toss together. Allow to sit at room temp and macerate for 10 minutes.
- Place a scoop of fruit in a bowl, topped with a dollop of yogurt mixture and a sprinkling of candied nuts.
Copyright @ Sumptuous Living