Sometimes I feel like I’m in a salad rut. The same handy toppings I reach for from my fridge or pantry (which are good to have around) lack pizazz and fun. Salad CAN BE FUN! … (stop making that face) … and ZIPPY! I want zippy. My day needs zippy. I want flavor packed energy and crisp bright crunch in a bowl. Our Spinach Chicken Salad has pecans, apples, fresh spinach, red onions and marinated chicken tossed in a Curry Vinaigrette. Doesn’t that sound like it will shake your salad routine loose?
We have been on a jazzy salad kick lately! Be sure to try all our recent garden fresh salads….
Spring Salad with Strawberries & Candied Walnuts
Caribbean Shrimp Salad
Green Bean Salad
Kitchen Sink Couscous Salad
Spinach Chicken Salad with Curry Vinaigrette
Shake up your salad routine with one that's bold, bright and packed with flavor.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. honey
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 ½ cups Nappa cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large gala apple, unpeeled and sliced thin lengthwise
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¾ cup toasted pecans
Cook the Chicken
- In a large bowl or zip lock bag place chicken and remaining ingredients.
- Toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes then turn and continue cooking until chicken is done.
For the Vinaigrette
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until the oil is emulsified.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
Make the Salad
- Place the spinach and cabbage in a large bowl.
- Arrange onion, apple slices, raisins and pecans on top.
- Toss with vinaigrette or drizzle on top.
Copyright @ Sumptuous Living