Baby, you know I love, LOVE, love a good cocktail! And any boozey dessert that disguises itself as a cocktail is pretty much irresistible, right? This Mojito Cake recipe is done very similarly to our famous Mandy’s Triple Chocolate Kahlua Cake by doctoring up a store bought cake mix (it’s been pinned over 4K times and is so damn good your eyes will roll)! We add fresh lime zest, mint, and rum to a box of cake mix using our trusty KitchenAid Stand Mixer and then soak it in a rum syrup after baking. Top that already incredible combo with lime & rum infused whipped cream and sugared lime wedges, and when you eat a fat slice of this cake you’ll be certain you’re drinking a Mojito! Your taste-buds will shout… What?!? Last but not least put your gorgeous creation on a pretty cake stand and you will be ready to party.
Turn a boxed cake mix into a cocktail.
- 1 box white cake mix
- ½ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (5.25oz) pkg. vanilla pudding
- ½ cup rum
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbs. fresh lime zest
- ½ stick of butter
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup rum
- ½ cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp lime zest
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBL rum
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 TBL lime zest
- Garnish with fresh mint and lime slices.
Make the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into a heavy bundt pan sprayed well with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Heat a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, add the butter, sugar, rum and water.
- Allow to bubble, careful not to allow boiling over, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the lime juice, zest, and mint.
- Stir and allow to steep while cooling.
- Once cool, pour through a fine strainer.
- While cake is still cooling poke with a fork along the top.
- Slowly, pour glaze over cake.
- Add ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Do not over beat.
Top the Cake
- Once cake is fully cooled turn onto a platter.
- Dollop whip cream on top and garnish with lime slices and fresh mint.
Copyright @ Sumptuous Living