Need dinner fast but want something fresh and delicious that brings a little ZING to an otherwise ordinary day? Why not get your hips shaking and your mouth watering to some Latin flavors like a plate of Cilantro Lime Chicken? We already know how to make the perfect Mojito! With help from a batch of Cuban Garbanzos from the freezer and a pack of your favorite yellow rice mix, dinner can be on the table in 25 minutes and packed full of flavor!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1.5” chunks
- 4 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 ½ tsp. Adobo seasoning
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into chunks
- Place chicken chunks and peppers in medium size bowl; set aside.
- In a small food processor or blender pulse together remaining ingredients until well mixed.
- Toss cut up chicken and peppers in cilantro mixture. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start some yellow rice and defrost a batch of garbanzo beans.
- Heat an extra large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Saute chicken and peppers for 12-15 minutes stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through. Serve over yellow rice with a side of Cuban garbanzo beans and a wedge of lime.
Copyright @ Sumptuous Living